The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking an Admissions Specialist at its Boston office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Reports to: Education & Training Programs Manager
The Admissions Specialist is responsible for recruiting qualified candidates for IINE’s academic programs, in a compliant, appropriate, and professional manner. S/he is also responsible for helping develop programs and networks to assist with student recruitment/retention in local communities, and for expanding IINE’s market profile.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-4 Years professional work experience in intangible/service sales, experience in college admissions preferred.
- Organized and professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills and a firm knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred.
- English language skills sufficient to make effective verbal presentations to prospective students, parents and educational organizations.
- Competent command of English, grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and writing skills to write letters, create various reports, complete reports and effectively communicate with staff and our student profile.
- Work independently with minimum instructions, adhere to prescribed routines and practices, maintain records, and generate reports as needed
- Knowledge of IINE’s mission, purpose, and goals, as well as a firm understanding of the Admissions Specialist’s role in achieving them.
- Ability to play a key role in bringing new students into programs and provide them with the opportunity to achieve their personal goals.
- Understanding of and affinity for IINE’s mission and culture
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview, enroll and start prospective students. Recruit and enroll students from the website, emails, phone calls and walk-in inquiries, process applications and admission fees, actively follow up on current and past leads, monitor lead flow for various sources and help develop recruiting strategies in conjunction with department policies and objectives.
- Assist in developing recruitment strategies and in monitoring student enrollment, retention and attrition trends.
- Manage: leads, phone calling procedure and technique, letter writing, and participation in on- and off-campus programs, and other duties normally associated with the recruitment and retention of students.
- Conduct vigorous and measurable follow-up activities in all aspects of the recruitment process including scheduling, enrolment processes, academic skills testing, language assessments, and all other admissions procedures.
- Follow-up on recruitment activities to include, but are not limited to, phone calls, letters, emails, text messages, instant messages, video conferences and any other creative methods and forms of client follow-up work.
- Ensure students are familiar with IINE’s payment schedules and options, including connecting new students with the finance and collections departments
- Maintain student files, assist and help maintain an open communication process with outside organizations and agencies as directed by supervisor, and assist with weekly information sessions and internal presentations
- Demonstrate a concern for students, positive attitude, motivation, teamwork, excellent time management skills, and a strong work ethic
- Conduct campus/site tours as needed.
- Attend career fairs and community events, as well as visit community colleges and technological training centers to recruit transfer students and build relationships within the community.
- Generate 5 referrals (personally developed leads) through discussions with IINE’s current and prospective students each week.
- Conduct research, when appropriate or tasked, to develop a profile of those students that are attracted to the institute, to determine the effectiveness of each recruitment technique used by IINE, to determine the appeal of all marketing items used, and to help define IINE’s expectations.
Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources (email@example.com) with their name and position in the subject line. In the cover letter, please be sure to include the following:
- Salary expectations
- Any work or volunteer work done with refugees or immigrants
- Languages spoken
Qualified applicants will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.