The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking an Employment Services Case Specialist for its Manchester office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Reports to: Manchester Program Director
*Please note that IINE-Manchester currently has two openings for this position. One opening is temporary, for a position lasting up to two months, and the other is full-time and permanent. Please note in your cover letter whether you would like to be considered for the temporary position. Unless otherwise indicated, all applications will be considered for the full-time permanent position.
- The Employment Specialist assists refugees, immigrants, and non-native English speaking clients in achieving employment outcomes. The role requires the development and maintenance of agency relationships with local-area businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Political Science, or related fields
- Minimum of 1-2 years of previous experience required
- Outstanding communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational and logistical experience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Ability to work as part of a team of teachers, trainers, interns and management staff to ensure best practice outcomes for Workforce Development clients
- A knowledge of Manchester area employers helpful, but not required
- Bilingual/bicultural candidates are encouraged to apply; Arabic preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
JOB DEVELOPMENT AND EMPLOYER OUTREACH
- Identify appropriate employment opportunities for newly arrived refugee and asylee clients and build strong working relationships with employer partners and staffing agencies.
- Maintain relationships with existing employer partners and support future program development based on employer feedback.
- Collaborate with Employment Services Coordinator to provide employer recognition and appreciation opportunities.
- Attend events, workshops, and networking events to promote IINE’s employment programming and advocate for IINE clients.
DIRECT CLIENT SERVICES
- Work in partnership with co-workers to conduct initial employment intakes for newly arrived clients.
- Develop Individual Employment Plans in partnership with all employment program clients.
- Assist Employment Services clients in achieving employment outcomes through a variety of activities including resume creation, application assistance, interview preparation, providing transportation and support during interviews, providing post-employment support, etc..
- When needed, teach Employment Services training programs.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings and weekly Client Disposition meetings.
- Maintain all client notes in Database.
- Complete forms associated with job placement and tracking.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Human Resources (HR@iine.org) with your name and position in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted; references will be required at the time of the interview.
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.