Thank you for your interest in joining the International Institute of New England. At this time this position has been filled and we are no longer reviewing applications. Please review our current opportunities for more recent postings.
We aspire to leave previous job postings on this site as a public archive. Please note however that these postings do not necessarily represent an existing position at the International Institute of New England.
The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking a Billing Manager for its Boston office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Note: Certain position requires great flexibility and willingness to travel. A valid driver’s license, insurance, a clean driving record, and personal transportation may be required.
Position: Billing Manager
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Primary Office: Boston, MA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage billing and cost allocations for 50+ cost reimbursement and fee for service contracts/grants
- Prepare multiple monthlyand quarterly billings in compliance with funder requirements
- Prepare payroll allocations in compliance withcontract / grant budgets for billing purposes
- Monitor contract balances to ensure spend-down prior to contract end date
- Initiate and prepare contract amendments to maximize billing
- All other duties assigned by the CFO
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with federal and state contract / grants billing.
- Aptitude for learning concepts and procedures quickly
- The ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Handle a fast-paced environment and requires a team-first mentality
- Proficiency with Abila MIP accounting software preferred
- Ability to analyze and forecast expenses in relation to contract remaining balances
- Strong to advanced knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint
- Good work ethic, job ownership and maturity
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
Please send your cover letter and a resume that includes your salary history to Human Resources (HR@iine.org) with your name and position in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted; references will be required at time of interview.
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.