IINE is currently offering internships through its Lowell office to students or recent graduates with demonstrated interest or experience in serving refugee, asylee, and immigrant populations. Responsibilities include answering phones, coordinating incoming phone calls, front line client assistance, and triaging resources for clients coming into the office.
- August - December 2017
- A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week is required.
- Days are flexible depending on student schedule and internship manger needs.
- Answer phones and determine needs of walk-in clients
- Communicate information to staff, clients, interns, and volunteers
- Assist in organizing internal and external events such as meetings, retreats, trainings, conferences, etc.
- Provide assistance & outreach for Resource and Citizenship Clinics
- Triage administrative tasks such as binder upkeep, photo copying etc.
- May help with collecting and distributing donated items when needed
- General administrative support and willingness to take on other tasks as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and process unexpected duties and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Word, Outlook preferred.
- High-levels of professionalism, discretion, and maturity in dealing with confidential information.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in your application which internship you are applying for and at which location.