IINE is currently offering internships through its Lowell office to students with demonstrated interest or experience in serving refugee, asylee and immigrant populations. Responsibilities include supporting client English acquisition in individual and group settings, conducting community orientation, and facilitating orientation for newly arrived refugee clients. All ESOL interns will be supervised by the ESOL Coordinator and will learn how to build lesson plans, conduct workshops and tutor.
- May - August 2017
- A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week is required.
- Days are flexible depending on student schedule and internship manger needs.
- Assist ESOL teachers
- Work one on one with clients
- Assist in development or revision of curriculum
- Coordinate Community Orientation classes
- Facilitate English classes for clients not receiving regular ESOL services
- General administrative support and other duties as needed
- Assist ESOL students in computer lab setting
- Desire to work with refugees, asylees, and immigrants
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Patience speaking with non-native English speakers/non-English speakers
- Knowledge of a language other than English very helpful but not mandatory
- An interest or background in education or language a plus
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, résumé, and a list of three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in your application which internship you are applying for and at which location.