Thank you for your interest in joining the International Institute of New England. At this time this position has been filled and we are no longer reviewing applications. Please review our current opportunities for more recent postings.
We aspire to leave previous job postings on this site as a public archive. Please note however that these postings do not necessarily represent an existing position at the International Institute of New England.
The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, in partnership with Pinpoint Translation Services, is seeking a Interpreting Program Coordinator for its Manchester, New Hampshire office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Available Position: Interpreting Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Pinpoint Translation Services
Supervision: Interpreters and Translators – Manchester, NH
Salary Grade: 5
Employment Status: Non-exempt, Part-Time (20 Hours)
The Interpreting Program Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting and managing interpreters in New Hampshire who will deliver on-site, face-to-face interpretation services to institutional clients in Manchester and other regions of the state. S/he will ensure that the needs of each institutional client are met and seek ways to increase opportunities to provide translation and interpretation services to governmental, non-profit, and other institutional clients. The Coordinator will be an employee of the International Institute of New England (IINE), which is embarking on a joint venture with Pinpoint Translation Services. S/he will be based in IINE’s Manchester office, work closely with the Manchester Site Director and staff, and report directly to the Director of Pinpoint Translation. Under the direction of Pinpoint’s central office, the Coordinator will manage the deployment of interpreters to client sites and direct all translation requests to the Pinpoint central office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and manage interpreters in New Hampshire to be deployed for face-to-face and over-the-phone interpretation services.
- Support the Director of Pinpoint Translation and staff in the training of all interpreters.
- Identify prospective institutional clients in New Hampshire and coordinate opportunities for the Pinpoint Director and IINE CEO to meet with decision-makers at prospective institutional clients who may benefit from the Pinpoint/IINE interpretation/translation service in New Hampshire.
- Ensure that all services provided by the interpretation staff operate within the policies of Pinpoint Translation and the International Institute of New England and adhere to professional standards.
- Direct translation requests to the Pinpoint central office.
- Communicate with existing and new clients in person, or via telephone, email or fax.
- Identify, document, and respond to client needs.
- Ensure that our clients’ needs are met, and assess and summarize on any time when a client need is not met by promptly bringing any client issue to the immediate attention of the Director of Pinpoint Translation.
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of complete and accurate records on all clients.
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities, using established volunteer management practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Three years of work experience in customer service/program coordination.
- Prior experience working with the public in a customer service capacity with a strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of process/workflow management.
- Well-organized with an ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage daily tasks and time requirements, assist clients to identify solutions to their needs.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle; the position requires driving to and from client sites on a regular basis.
- Bi-lingual, with spoken and written proficiency in two languages preferred.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and competency across a wide range of ethnic, national, racial and religious backgrounds.
- Excellent communicator who can speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Capacity to lift 10-20 lbs.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Human Resources (HR@iine.org) with your name and position in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted; references will be required at the time of the interview.
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.