Thank you for your interest in joining the International Institute of New England. At this time this position has been filled and we are no longer reviewing applications. Please review our current opportunities for more recent postings.
We aspire to leave previous job postings on this site as a public archive. Please note however that these postings do not necessarily represent an existing position at the International Institute of New England.
The External Relations Manager is responsible for developing and managing IINE’s internal and external marketing and communications efforts as well as supporting the development team’s work on donor stewardship, media relations, special events coordination, and donor database management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
· Manage the IINE brand on all communications across all three sites.
· Oversee the design, photography, videography and written content for marketing materials.
· Serve as the IINE’s graphic designer for print and digital content, referring work when needed to outside designers and consultants.
· Collect and distribute stories about projects and programs from staff and partners in both written and video forms.
· Manage and update all content on the IINE website, including upgrades and blog posts, routinely updating the site with dynamic content.
· Design, write content for, and manage the distribution of a quarterly digital and physical newsletter and the Resettle Together newsletter.
· Identify media opportunities, draft all press releases, and implement campaigns around key programs and issues, including monitoring media cycles and updating media lists.
· Design and execute strategies for IINE’s different social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, with efforts to expand to more graphic friendly media.
· Monitor website analytics and other online marketing efforts, seeking ways to expand IINE’s online presence to search engine optimization.
· Be the first point of contact for all volunteer and other inquiries from our website or other source, directing the volunteer to one of the sites, a specific program, or to a stewardship plan with the development staff.
· Ensure that all volunteers, including Resettle Together volunteers, are captured in the IINE database, cultivated and stewarded appropriately for gifts to the Institute.
· Assist with the effort to recruit new, prospective donors to biweekly “Points of Entry” events.
· Support all special events, in particular the production of print collateral and visual presentations for each event.
· Assist with the design and content of IINE’s segmented appeal campaigns.
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Minimum of two years of experience in marketing or public relations
· Excellent writing, communication and graphic design skills
· Experience working with or managing videographers and photographers
· Experience with website and social media management
· Experience with email marketing services (Mailchimp) and prior experience with sales or donor management software
· Connection to the IINE mission of serving refugees and immigrants
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Human Resources (HR@iine.org) with your name and position in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted, and references will be required at the time of the interview.
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.