IINE is currently offering internships through its Development Department to students with demonstrated interest or experience in serving refugee, asylee, and immigrant populations. Responsibilities include assisting with donor screening, donor outreach, meeting and event planning, and providing administrative support to development staff.
Reports To: Impact Giving Officer
A minimum commitment of 16 hours per week is required.
Days are flexible depending on student schedule and internship manager needs.
- Help screen and contact individuals who have the capacity to make annual gifts of $1,000 or more
- Assist the Impact Giving Officer in scheduling meetings through emails and phone calls
- Research and create summaries for prospective donors, corporations, and grant making organizations
- Update contact information for individuals and corporations after outreach.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the development team
- Knowledge and proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word (mail merge experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM software
- High levels of organization and attention to detail
- Proactive mindset and ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment and process unexpected duties and deadlines
- High‐levels of professionalism and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Interest in a donor facing roll and the opportunity to engage high net worth individuals
- Desire to learn about and gain experience in the Development, Communications, and Events field and/or desire to support the work of a nonprofit serving refugee, asylee and immigrant populations.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in your application which internship you are applying for and at which location.