IINE is currently offering internships through its Development Department to students with demonstrated interest or experience in serving refugee, asylee, and immigrant populations. Responsibilities include assisting with event planning, updating the donor database, assisting with marketing plans, and providing administrative support to development staff.
Reports to: External Relations Manager
A minimum commitment of 16 hours per week is required
Days are flexible depending on student schedule and internship manager needs
- Work with External Relations Manager to schedule and maintain IINE Social Media presence
- Assist with the organization and planning of special events, meetings, and fundraising appeals
- Work with the Salesforce including (but not limited to) updating records, and tracking emails and phone calls
- Provide support for monthly Meet and Greets through prep work and day-of support.
- Assist in developing marketing and promotional materials
- Provide general administrative assistance
- Social media management experience
- Knowledge and proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word (mail merge experience a plus), Adobe Creative Suite (or similar), and HootSuite, a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM software.
- High levels of organization and attention to detail.
- Proactive mindset and ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment and process unexpected duties and deadlines.
- High‐levels of professionalism, and discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Desire to learn about and gain experience in the Development, Communications, and Events field and/or desire to support the work of a nonprofit serving refugee, asylee and immigrant populations.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in your application which internship you are applying for and at which location.