The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking a PT Gift Processing Specialist for its Boston office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Reports to: Development Operations & Stewardship Manager
Status: Part Time, 16 Hours per week
The part-time Gift Processing Specialist performs a variety of duties associated with the processing of gifts to the Institute. S/he is responsible for receiving gifts in the form of cash, checks, charge cards, stock transfers and other gifts. The Gift Processing Specialists also processes all in-kind contributions. S/he is a member of the Development Office team and supports the team's efforts to meet yearly and multi-year fundraising goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives gifts and pledges in the form of cash, checks, charge cards, stock transfers, and in-kind.
- Analyzes each gift and documentation to determine the proper way to process it and researches any missing information, including outreach to the donor.
- Enters gifts and pledges in Salesforce, indicating the solicitor for each gift and appropriately coding gifts according to solicitations (e.g., appeals, events, etc.).
- Updates Salesforce records on a timely basis, including donor contact information and gift amounts.
- Ensures that gift receipt letters are generated and signed by the appropriate Development office staff member in a timely manner.
- Flags larger gifts, ensuring that the President, Board member or Impact Giving Officer is aware of this donation for further follow-up to personally thank them and engage them as champions.
- Transfers cash, checks, charge card records, stock transfer records and other information to the accounting department.
- Ensures that copies of gift documentation and acknowledgement are filed in Salesforce.
- Ensures that the database is continually updated.
- Vets qualified gift prospects and generates an email to each inviting them to visit and learn more about IINE.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Gift Processing Specialist will develop a weekly schedule of 16 hours per week with the Development Operations and Stewardship Manager. Work will need to be performed during the work day, generally between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with some flexibility if necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree or preferred.
- An ability to learn Salesforce, the Institute's donor management software, quickly.
- Prior experience working in an office setting
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to organize work effectively, prioritize, and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly over the phone and in written communications.
- Ability to represent the Institute to donors and other stakeholders who reach out to the Development office for information.
- Commitment to our mission of serving immigrants and refugees.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Human Resources (HR@iine.org) with your name and position in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted; references will be required at the time of the interview.
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.