IINE is currently offering an internship through its Central office to students with demonstrated interest or experience in serving refugee, asylee, and immigrant populations. Responsibilities include assisting with data clean up and importation, conducting historical research, coordinating staff around contract requirements, and providing general administrative support to Operations and Quality Assurance teams. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to observe and understand the inner workings of a small non-profit.
Reports To: Operations Manager, Data Manager
A minimum commitment of 16 hours per week is required.
Days are flexible depending on student schedule and internship manager needs.
- Support the cleanup and entry of client data and development records
- Assist the Data Manager in creating graphic representations of data for organizational learning and stakeholder outreach
- Help convert completed webforms to Salesforce records and flag noteworthy prospects for development outreach; coordinate with the Operations Manager to ensure outreach is redirected to relevant staff
- Maintain contact sheets for the institution's Advisory Councils and Board of Directors
- Update contact information for corporate and foundation records
- Assist with clean up and archiving of historical donor and partner data
- Research IINE's history and past programming; create a timeline that demonstrates fluctuations and trends in services provided and communities engaged
- Assist the Operations Manager in auditing administrative processes and files
- Coorinate with staff to ensure files are organized and filed centrally
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Operations and Quality Assurance teams
- Knowledge and proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word (mail merge experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM software
- High levels of organization and attention to detail
- Proactive mindset and ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced environment and process unexpected duties and deadlines
- High‐levels of professionalism, and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Interest in data, organization history/learning, quality control, or administration a plus
- Desire to learn about and gain experience in the administration of an established, regional non-profit and/or desire to support refugee, asylee and immigrant populations.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your application which internship you are applying for and at which location.