The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking an Education and Training Programs Manager for its Boston office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Reports to: Boston Site Director
Supervises: ESOL and EFE Instructors; Skills Training Coordinator; Education and Career Navigator
The Education and Training Programs Manager is a new position at IINE-Boston designed to integrate and scale economic, education, and civic opportunity programming. This position manages IINE-Boston's Education Program and Skills Training Programs, and is responsible for program oversight and development. The strategic, forward-thinking Education and Training Programs Manager will oversee and grow IINE’s English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program, English for Employment program, and contextualized industry skills training programs. This position will recruit and manage staff, monitor and evaluate program performance, ensure compliance with contractual obligations, maintain and grow program partnerships, and represent the program and IINE-Boston externally.
- MA in Education required
- At least 5 years of adult ESOL teaching experience
- Demonstrated experience managing and scaling adult basic education programming
- Experience developing fee for service programming preferred
- Strong writing and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) with demonstrated experience preparing reports
- Proposal writing experience
- Budget management experience
- Interest in international, refugee, and asylee issues
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Certification and previous experience administering standardized tests such as Best Plus, Woodcock, and TABE Clas E-Writing
- Minimum of two years of experience supervising staff members
- Minimum of two years of experience managing quantitative and qualitative reporting for multiple contracts.
- High-levels of discretion and maturity in dealing with confidential information
- Bi-lingual and bi-cultural experience a plus
- Position requires working a flexible schedule that includes day and evening hours
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise program operations for all components of the Education and Training Programs including ESOL, English for Employment, and Skills Training services.
- Responsible for overseeing staff and processes related to student recruitment and enrollment, intakes and assessments, program and classroom schedules, student orientation, program activities, instructor assignments, substitute teacher assignments, employer placements, and retention activities.
- Monitor and manage program activities including distance learning, student advising, and Student Council.
- Manage, sustain and grow employer partnerships with a focus on scaling fee-based skills training partnerships.
- Directly supervise Skills Training Coordinator, Education and Career Navigators, and ESOL and EFE instructors.
- Plan and lead administrative, curriculum development, and program planning meetings.
- Recruit, train, and supervise instructional staff and build professional development plans that reflect staff needs, contractual regulations, and program needs.
- Serve as a substitute instructor as necessary.
- Responsible for the continuous development of career readiness program curriculum: ensure lesson plans align to CCR curriculum and statewide curriculum frameworks; review classroom materials of each class level and ensure they reflect curriculum guidelines; integrate math and digital literacy curricula; and implement the use of formative assessments and authentic materials.
- Evaluate language and skills training classroom teaching and conduct formal and informal class observations to provide feedback.
- Manage and monitor required documentation and reporting for all contracts/programs and ensure that program is in complete compliance with state and contract guidelines.
- Assess, evaluate and improve program effectiveness and outcomes to ensure responsiveness to participants’ needs.
- Represent the organization at meetings, conferences, and events, including the Adult Literacy Initiative, Job Training Alliance, and Best Practices working groups
- Administer and score TABE Clas-E Writing Test for programs as needed. Administer BEST Plus Test for programs as needed. Coordinate re-certification process with staff.
- Responsible for all program-related data entry, including that of supervisees.
- Serve as member of Boston Management Team.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Human Resources (HR@iine.org) with your name and position in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be contacted; references will be required at the time of the interview.
No telephone calls please.
Position will remain open until filled.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.