IINE is currently offering a Development internship through its Central office.
Are you looking to kick-start your Inbound Marketing career while also supporting a cause you love? Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community?
This might be the perfect internship for you.
The International Institute of New England helps refugees and immigrants. Our organization is looking for a dedicated, data-driven Inbound Marketing Intern to support our marketing funnel. You will contribute to attracting site traffic, converting that traffic into new donors to support the organization. You will help implement strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into active donors to and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, a passion for making a difference in the lives of the immigrant and refugee community and experience in blogging to achieve business goals.
Who we are:
The International Institute of New England (IINE) is a 501(c)(3) non‐profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, with offices in Boston (and a satellite office in Lynn), Lowell, and Manchester, New Hampshire. The mission of the International Institute of New England is to invest in the future of our cities and towns by preparing refugees and immigrants for participation in the social, economic and political richness of American life through active citizenship.
Position: Inbound Marketing Intern
Supervisor: Kate O’Neill, Development Manager
- A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week is required.
- Days are flexible depending on intern’s schedule and office needs.
Intern responsibilities include:
- Contribute rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, videos content, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Monitor and post various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our blog.
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation.
- Conduct analysis projects to improve blog strategies/tactics.
- Grow blog subscribers, converting visitors into leads, and expanding our blog's overall reach.
- Make recommendations about optimizing our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes via email, content, and social channels.
- Monitor components of our social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Contribute shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Work with the Marketing staff to help drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
In addition to the qualifications listed for all IINE internships, those applying for the Inbound Marketing internship should have the following qualifications:
- A passion for and strong understanding of IINE's mission
- A professional demeanor and knowledge of office protocols
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- The ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in marketing automation and blogging best practices
- A well-rounded understanding of all elements of social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Proficiency in using social media software and tools to monitor and drive social media conversations.
Bonus skills: HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, HubSpot Certifications, Animoto
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, résumé, and list of three references as a single .pdf file, saved as your first and last name, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter which programs you are interested in and why. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.