The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking a Gift Processing and Database Management Specialist at its Boston office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Status: Part-Time, 20-30 hours per week, flexible schedule (M-F)
The Gift Processing & Database Management Specialist performs a variety of duties associated with the processing and acknowledgment of donations to IINE. S/he is responsible for receiving gifts in the form of cash, checks, charge cards, stock transfers and other gifts, and the Gift Processing & Database Management Specialist processes all in-kind contributions. S/he is a key member of the Development Office team and supports the team’s efforts to meet yearly and multi-year fundraising goals.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, preferably at a high level
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced office setting
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including experience with mail merges
- Keen adherence to protocols and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to organize work effectively and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to communicate clearly over the phone and in writing
- General understanding of ethical fundraising practices and processes
- Ability to represent IINE to donors and other stakeholders who reach out to the Development office for information
- Commitment to our mission of serving immigrants and refugees
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive gifts and pledges in the form of cash, checks, charge cards, stock transfers, and in-kind.
- Analyze each gift and documentation to determine the proper way to process it and research any missing information, including outreach to the donor.
- Enter gifts and pledges in Salesforce, indicating the solicitor for each gift and appropriately coding gifts according to solicitations (e.g., appeals, events, etc.).
- Update Salesforce records on a timely basis, including donor contact information and gift amounts.
- Ensure that gift receipt letters are generated and signed by the appropriate Development office staff member in a timely manner.
- Flag larger gifts, ensuring that the President, Board member or CRM is aware of this donation for further follow-up to personally thank them and engage them as champions.
- Generate and track invoices for corporate (event) sponsorships. Occasionally work directly with A/P departments at external companies to track down forms, payments, and information.
- Track and document donations from external platforms (Facebook, OneCause, YourCause, Benevity, others), confirm receipt of deposit with Finance Office, enter data into Salesforce, and generate acknowledgments for those gifts.
- Physically transfer cash, checks, charge card records, stock transfer records and other information to the Finance Office.
- Ensure that copies of gift documentation and acknowledgement are recorded in Salesforce and filed in shared drive.
- Ensure that the database is continually updated.
- Reconcile data imports from external applications (Mailchimp, Woofu, Eventbrite, others)
- Oversee data uploads from Development staff and other departments (ACE, Marketing, Legal) into Salesforce.
- Manage Mailchimp integration to ensure consistent electronic communications with stakeholders.
- Assist with overall maintenance of Salesforce database, troubleshoot as needed
- Generate reports upon request and offer insight on systems and strategies related to gift prospecting and acknowledgment.
- Coordinate daily reconciliation of online payments with Finance Office. Closely track details of online donations and payments and issue reports as necessary.
- Manage weekly and monthly reconciliation process with Finance Office.
- Responsible for weekly tracking of donations, gifts, and grants and their reconciliation to the Finance Office.
- Generate weekly tracker reports, monthly Development fundraising and activity reports, and other progress reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their name and position in the subject line. In the cover letter, please be sure to include the following:
- Salary expectations
- Any work or volunteer work done with refugees or immigrants
- Languages spoken
Qualified applicants will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.