The International Institute of New England, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit, New England-based organization dedicated to addressing the needs and rights of refugees and immigrants, is seeking an Translation Program Coordinator at its Manchester office.
A dynamic, forward-looking, smart and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Candidates need to approach issues creatively and thoughtfully. In addition, all candidates should possess the following set of qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Reports to: Director, Pinpoint Translation Services
Supervises: Translators servicing Manchester, NH region
Employment Status: Non-exempt, Part-Time (20 Hours)
The Translation Program Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting and managing translators who will deliver translation services to clients. The Coordinator will be an employee of the International Institute of New England (IINE), a partner of Pinpoint Translation Services. Under the direction of Pinpoint’s central office, the Translation Program Coordinator will respond to all translation requests, manage and recruit translators, and promote translation. The Translation Program Coordinator will work closely with the Interpreting Program Coordinator, Program Director, and Community Relations Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and manage translators
- Support the Director of Pinpoint Translation and staff in the training of all translators.
- Identify prospective clients and coordinate opportunities for the Pinpoint Director and IINE CEO to meet with decision-makers at prospective institutional clients who may benefit from the Pinpoint/IINE translation service.
- Ensure that all services provided by the translation staff operate within the policies of Pinpoint Translation and the International Institute of New England and adhere to professional standards.
- Coordinate communication and scheduling for regional translation requests
- Identify, document, and respond to client needs.
- Ensure clients’ needs are met, and resolve situations where a client’s need is not met by promptly bringing the issue to the attention of the Director of Pinpoint Translation.
- Perform basic translation as needed
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Customer/client focus
- Maintenance of complete and accurate client records
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Three years of work experience in customer service/program coordination.
- Prior experience working with the public in a customer service capacity with a strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Well-organized with an ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage daily tasks and time requirements, assist clients to identify solutions to their needs.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred, additional languages a plus
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and competency across a wide range of ethnic, national, racial and religious backgrounds.
- Excellent communicator who can speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Capacity to lift 10-20 lbs.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their name and position in the subject line. In the cover letter, please be sure to include the following:
- Salary expectations
- Any work or volunteer work done with refugees or immigrants
- Languages spoken
Qualified applicants will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
The International Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Immigrants, women, people with disabilities, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.