ADULT CONTINUING ED (ACE)
We believe that there is nothing more important than skillful education. Doing the right thing, at the right time.
JOB SKILLS PROGRAMS
IINE offers two intensive job-training programs that provide excellent opportunities for newcomers to the United States who have medium proficiency in English and a minimum of six months of work experience in the United States. Over the past two decades, these two training programs have placed hundreds of program participants in well-paying jobs at employment partners such as The Charles Hotel, Hilton Boston Back Bay, InterContinental Boston, The Westin Boston Waterfront, Four Seasons, Boston Medical Center, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Beth Israel Hospital, Children’s Hospital, Webster Bank, and others. Many of our program graduates have made careers in area industries, moving up to higher positions with greater responsibility and better pay.
- Hospitality Training Program (HTP) – Our HTP Program (6 weeks) prepares students for jobs in the hospitality industry and focuses on equipping students with the skills and knowledge they need to launch careers in the hotel industry. The six-week curriculum is composed of five modules: Industry-Specific Skills Training, English for the Hospitality, Customer Service, Work Readiness, and Computer Literacy delivered in a four-week intensive class. In the program’s final two weeks, participants job- shadow employees at one of our partner hotels, gaining hands-on skills and industry practice. Upon completion, staff work with each participant to land a first job in an area hotel.
- Service Industry Training Program (SITP)- The SITP Program (10-weeks) is composed of five modules: Industry-Specific Skills Training, English for the Hospitality, Banking, or Healthcare industries, Customer Service, Work Readiness, and Computer Literacy. This program provides students with fundamental core skills needed to succeed in any workplace and provides a specific foundation of skills for entry-level work in: hotels, banks, and hospitals. Students have the opportunity to explore different aspects of those work fields and leave the course with real-life skills they can use to prepare for the next step in their careers.
ENGLISH FOR SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES (ESOL) PROGRAMS
IINE has 40 years of experience teaching English to speakers of other languages. Our courses are designed to help students succeed with practical language skills, and are taught by experienced ESOL teachers.
- IINE’s English for Work (EFW) class helps students learn the language skills and cultural knowledge they need to successfully enter the workforce. Classes include vocabulary, conversation, and important workplace knowledge like preparing for a job interview. The overall goal of the course is to help students boost their English language skills in order to obtain better-paying jobs, enroll in job training, or pursue higher education.
- ESOL Program – Our evening English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) program offers four levels (high beginner-advanced) of ESOL classes that accommodate the daytime/irregular work schedules of immigrants who live in Greater Boston.
- DRIVE – IINE’s newest skills training program, DRIVE helps students get a learner’s permit, and puts them on the road toward getting a driver’s license. Class is tailored to the needs of English Language Learners. Possession of a learner’s permit prepares clients to successfully pass the driver’s road test, and the ability to drive opens up many new employment opportunities.