The International Institute of New England was founded in Lowell, MA in 1918. Since then, the people of Lowell have been our partners in welcoming, resettling, educating, and supporting newcomers to the city. As we celebrate the 100th anniversary of our founding, we invite the Greater Lowell region to join in honoring 100 of the most influential advocates, trailblazers, and leaders from Lowell’s vibrant immigrant community.
- Nominee must be an immigrant to the U.S. who has been an influence on the city of Lowell or someone who has made significant contributions to Lowell’s immigrant community.
- Nominator should have personal knowledge of the nominee’s contributions to the success of the immigrant community in Lowell.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominee may be living or deceased.
- Nominations for the Lowell 100 will be accepted until November 1, 2018.
- The Lowell 100 will be announced on or before December 12, 2018.
- The Lowell 100 Celebration will take place in February 2019.
- Entire form should be completed in order for the nominee to be considered for inclusion in the project.