Job Skills Training in Boston
Job training classes are now taking place ONLINE and through hybrid instruction!
Join a job skills training program at the International Institute of New England (IINE). New sessions start throughout the year! Many classes take place ONLINE or through hybrid instruction. Program graduates enter careers in the construction, healthcare, hospitality, and service industries, often then moving up to higher positions with greater responsibility and better pay. Sign up now and prepare for your new career.
IINE offers intensive job training programs for those who have medium proficiency in English and a minimum of six months of work experience in the U.S.
About our classes
Ready, Set, Service! Training Program
IINE’s Ready, Set, Service! Training Program prepares students for customer service jobs in many different and fast-growing industries such as hotels, restaurants, and hospitals. In this seven-week course, students will learn about goal setting, resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, workplace communication and conflict resolution, networking, and U.S. work culture and expectations. Training will focus on specific jobs based on students’ interests.
- Classes meet three hours per day (9:00 a.m. to noon), five days per week (Monday through Friday)
- Seven weeks of hybrid classes, including OSHA and CPR certifications and financial literacy
- Two weeks are in person at the IINE office at 2 Boylston Street in downtown Boston
- After completion of the course, you will meet once a week for one hour with IINE staff for job search and preparation assistance.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have had at least one job in the U.S. for at least six months
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to pass English tests (Intermediate level or higher)
- Committed to finding a full-time job in the U.S.
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- A functioning laptop and internet connection is required (IINE can provide loaner laptops upon request)
If you are interested in taking Ready, Set, Service! please contact Emma Pond at email@example.com or 351-220-7814
MassHire Metro North Pre-Apprenticeship Program in Facilities Maintenance or Construction Trades
We are currently recruiting participants for our next class, which will begin in September 2023.
- 224 hours of hybrid training over 14 weeks
- Classes are Monday-Thursday, 4PM – 8PM
- Introductory training in facilities maintenance, construction, job readiness, and more!
- Successful graduates will receive an apprenticeship
- Potential eligibility to work in a company while training
- Metro North, Boston, and Greater Boston residents who are unemployed or underemployed (priority is given to Metro North applicants)
- 18 years or older
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Driver’s license preferred but not required
- Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested, please contact Nico Britt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-695-9990
“This class helped me a lot in developing my skills, such as speaking confidently in interviews, giving a speech, knowing my strengths and weaknesses, and working on them. It was useful to me in a lot of ways, and it gave me a lot of experience to develop and arrange my future ideas. Thank you so much.”
– Marwa, a Ready, Set, Service! graduate
About our students
IINE students come from 60 countries, and most of them live in and around Boston: Allston, Brighton, Charlestown, Chinatown, Dorchester, Downtown, East Boston, Fenway, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Mattapan, Mission Hill, the North End, Roslindale, Roxbury, South Boston, South End, West End, and West Roxbury, as well as Malden, Quincy, Everett, Revere, and Chelsea. Some students travel to class from as far away as Brockton!
Most IINE students go on to careers in their chosen field, and many advance to management positions before long.
“Encore Boston Harbor looks forward to every graduation and every opportunity to interact with IINE participants and graduates. The IINE programs are a terrific source of candidates; many graduates have become part of our team.”
– Encore Boston Harbor, Director of Employment
Program Information Request Form