Through IINE, refugees and immigrants can learn English, access life and work skills coaching, enroll in healthcare, secure jobs, reunite with their families, and gain legal assistance. Each year across our three sites in Boston and Lowell, Massachusetts, and Manchester, New Hampshire, we help hundreds of refugee and immigrant families integrate into their communities and contribute to New England’s growth and prosperity.
Our services include:
- Reception and Placement – IINE resettles hundreds of refugees each year who are fleeing persecution and conflict in their homelands. Our work with refugees forms the basis of our continuum of service. We also support asylees who are in the United States seeking political protection after fleeing persecution.
- English Instruction – Our ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Program serves more than 700 foreign-born students each year. The program offers English specific to job readiness and workplace etiquette, which equips students with the language skills and cultural knowledge needed to enter the workforce and advance their careers.
- Refugee Employment Services (RES) – We provide employment services for up to five years from an individual’s date of arrival, enabling IINE to continue helping refugees further develop their skills, obtain better-paying positions, and advance their careers.
- Specialized Vocational Training – Our Vocational Training Programs in Boston and Lowell, MA prepare students for careers in the hospitality and healthcare industries, which offer family-sustaining wages, good benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
- Legal Immigration Services – Our Legal Immigration Services Program offers professional and affordable immigration assistance to help immigrants file for green cards, secure work authorizations, reunite with their families, and apply for citizenship.
- Unaccompanied Children’s Program – One of the largest of its kind in the region, IINE’s Boston and New York-based Unaccompanied Children’s Program reunites unaccompanied Central American children with family members or sponsors living in the United States.
- Amplifying Immigrant Voices – IINE’s “Suitcase Stories®” is a traveling live performance series that features foreign- and U.S.-born residents sharing stories of migration. Connecting people and bridging communities, this awareness-raising series has played to more than 5,000 people.