ADULT CONTINUING EDUCATION
What’s next for your career? We can help.
IINE has 40 years of experience teaching English to speakers of other languages. Our courses are designed to help students succeed with practical language skills, and are taught by experienced ESOL teachers.
- English for Employment – helps students learn the language skills and cultural knowledge they need to successfully begin work in the U.S. Class topics include: vocabulary, conversation, and important knowledge like preparing for a job interview. The overall goal of the course is to help students increase their English language skills in order to get better-paying jobs, enroll in specialized job training, or pursue higher education.
- ESOL Program – Our English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program offers four levels (High Beginner to Advanced) of ESOL classes. Classes will be held mornings, afternoons and evenings at the IINE training center on Boylston Street in the Chinatown neighborhood of Boston. Classes are held year-round. Ask about FREE tuition for ESOL when you speak with Hillary via email or by calling 617.695.9990.
Information Sessions about ESOL and Skills Training classes are
held every Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.
Easy access from MBTA’s Red Line, Orange Line, and Green Line.
International Institute of New England
2 Boylston Street, 3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02116
- Free and low-cost ESOL classes in Boston. For details, call 617.695.9990
- Start classes soon! Learn more by attending an Info Session on Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.
- Flexible class times work with your schedule.
- We can help you apply for scholarships. Contact us for more info.
- Discounts are available when you prepay for your classes.
Job Skills Programs
IINE offers two intensive job-training programs that provide excellent opportunities for newcomers to the United States who have medium proficiency in English and a minimum of six months of work experience in the United States. Over the past two decades, these two training programs have placed hundreds of program participants in well-paying jobs at employment partners such as Encore Boston Harbor, The Charles Hotel, Hilton Boston Back Bay, InterContinental Boston, The Westin Boston Waterfront, Four Seasons, Boston Medical Center, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Beth Israel Hospital, Children’s Hospital, Webster Bank, and others. Many of our program graduates have made careers in area industries, moving up to higher positions with greater responsibility and better pay.
- Hospitality Training Program (HTP)
Our HTP Program (6 weeks) prepares students for jobs in the hospitality industry and focuses on equipping students with the skills and knowledge they need to launch careers in the hotel industry. The six-week curriculum is composed of five modules: Industry-Specific Skills Training, English for the Hospitality, Customer Service, Work Readiness, and Computer Literacy delivered in a four-week intensive class. In the program’s final two weeks, participants are placed in internships at one of our partner hotels, gaining hands-on skills and industry practice. Upon completion, staff work with each participant to land a first job in an area hotel.
- Scholarship funds may be available to Boston residents who qualify. Contact us to get your paperwork started!
- Our next HTP class begins in July, 2019
- Healthcare Services Certificate Program (HSCP)
This 6-week program includes five modules: Industry-Specific Skills Training, CPR Training, English for the Healthcare Industry, Customer Service, Work Readiness, and Computer Literacy. This program provides students with key skills needed to succeed in entry-level jobs in hospitals, such as: Food Service, Patient Services, and Environmental Services (Housekeeping). Students have the opportunity to explore different aspects of those departments and leave the course with real-life skills they can use to prepare for the next step in their careers. Students must have U.S. work experience and U.S. Work Authorization in order to apply.
- FREE to Boston residents who qualify
- Our next HSCP class begins in July, 2019!
Information Sessions are held every Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.