Happy Patriot’s Day. What better way to celebrate than to support our newest American neighbors?
As you know, IINE is a direct response human services organization that, during normal times, ensures new Americans have food to eat, a roof over their heads, diapers for their babies, and toys and school supplies for their older children.
During this time of crisis, and with your help, IINE has been able to expand the work we do to meet the increasingly acute needs of our clients. With funding from generous partners, we are distributing direct client support for rent and food to more than 1,000 refugees and immigrants.
I am confident IINE is delivering the best service possible during this unprecedented crisis, and our staff are leaving no client need unaddressed.
By the end of the first month of remote services (as of April 13), IINE has supported 1,369 adults and children.
Our program staff are showing new levels of ingenuity in service delivery as we see demand for our services rise, and alumni and new clients with urgent needs reach out.
To date, the International Institute has provided:
- 414 instances of emergency education support including online classes and distribution of education materials;
- 217 instances of emergency employment support;
- 106 households provided with emergency support
- 185 instances of helping clients access emergency public benefits;
- 54 instances of legal service provision and continued representation of 350 clients with ongoing immigration matters;
- 103 instances of youth support and educational coordination for kids; and
- 733 wellness checks.
To date, IINE staff have communicated with clients via 261 emails and text messages and 1,874 phone appointments (which is an increase of 384 since last week!). More data and analysis of our COVID-19 response is available online here.
None of this would be possible without our staff and Board, our clients, our volunteers, and our supporters and partners. We are so grateful to work in communities that care about one another, including the newest among us.
Chief Program Officer